Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rainy Day

I was supposed to start my day off by going to the local co-op to pick up lots of veggies, however the rain stopped that plan! Today has been just a relaxing day inside, I finally decided to bake some spaghetti squash instead of just throwing it in the microwave:

So these are the spaghetti squash after I pulled them out of the oven, baked them for one hour at 375 degrees. Make sure before you bake them you puncture them with a knife in a few places. The smell of them when they came out of the oven was so so so Delicious!

Here is one of the squash cut open, if you have never made spaghetti squash before you will see that the inside has seeds that will need to be scraped out.

Here is after the seeds were all out and I used a fork to string the squash, notice the fact that it has a "noodley" look. I think this is such a fun vegetable!

So one spaghetti squash filled a large Tupperware full of "noodles".

So today I used the squash as a spaghetti base, I topped it with tomato sauce (no sugar added and low sodium), yellow squash, zucchini and a little bit of Parmesan cheese!

A great healthy rainy day meal.








No comments:

Post a Comment