Sunday, August 5, 2012

loss...

On Wednesday my mom called me to let me know that my great uncle had Alzheimer's  and wasn't doing good. It was upsetting but we figured we would still have a few more months with him which was good news. My mom spoke with him the next day and he knew who she was and told him she could come visit, seemed to be in good spirits. That gave us more hope, we still have time he knows what's going on. My mom was going to go visit him in a few days.

This morning Mom mom called me, we'd only been up a few minutes, I was trying to change the baby and wake up. My mom let me know that my uncle had been put on hospice and  that he wasn't doing good. Such a fast turn, quite confusing. At this point, I just wanted to speak to my grandma that was her twin brother and only sibling. I called her and she was crying, at that point I lost it, I just felt so bad for her because I knew how much she was hurting. Then, I picked up the phone and called my Uncle who I haven't spoken too in 8 years, after he told me "i would amount to nothing"... I just wanted him to make sure he got ahold of my grandma because him and my grandma's brother both have the same first name and all my other uncle's knew and had talked to my grandpa. I let my Uncle know to call my grandma and then hung up the phone, I didn't even recognize the man on the other line, but I couldn't think about it. We went out for breakfast after that...

My mom called during breakfast and stated that her cousin said they could come see my great uncle and she could bring my uncle but that they needed to come fast. A few hours later my mom called back and told me he just looked like he was sleeping and it was peaceful. My mom then let me know she was going to go get my grandma so she could come up and see her brother. Then, about 2 hours later my mom called me and let me know that my  great uncle had passed. How did this happen? So fast? I called my Uncle and let him know as well as my cousin. Now my mom is still traveling down to be with her mom.

So today we will be mourning the loss of my Great Uncle. A graduate of UofA, a world traveler, a man who lived his life to the fullest. I am so happy he got to meet Lennon and I'm so happy to have had him in my life for as much time as I have.

My posts may be limited this week, but I will do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment