Sunday, February 24, 2013

Beauty Review

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I am going to review Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter! A friend of mine told me to try this product out when I told her I was in need of some new lip colors that weren't too glossy but still would hydrate my lips. I am a cherry chapstick addict, ask anyone close to me I am a freak when it comes to it. However, since I am on my "I am 25 and it's time to be a girly-er girl" kick, I am trying to use lip sticks/glosses with color.

If you check out Revlon's website this is the description they give for their Colorburst Lip Butter:
"- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated."

Now they make no claim of how long the wear should last or claim that it is like a chapstick. 

I bought two tubes:

 
The colors are 050 Berry Smoothie and 075 Lollipop. I love the tubes they come in, they are super cute. According to the Revlon website there are 20 different shades you can try. I purchased these at CVS and they only had about 7 shades in stock.

This first picture below is my bare lips and my naked face...
As you see even though I am of Hispanic heritage my skin is pretty darn pale, so the first color you will see on my lips is the lollipop:
I actually ended up wearing this to a friends wedding last night, this is a great color if you have make up on and you are going out, for every day wear it wouldn't be my favorite. At least not for someone with skin as light as mine, I definitely think you need to have at least your make up done to wear this color.

The next one is the berry smoothie:
I love love love this color, it is actually pretty similar to my normal lip color however it is a little bit more pink and a lot more glossy! This is great for everyday wear or to wear for a night out. This is so far my favorite color out of the two!

While there are 20 or so shades and they do make your lips super glossy, it seemed I needed to apply this lipstick about every hour or two. I do like lip colors that last a little longer even if I am sipping on a drink or two, I don't want to have to keep reapplying color. While the color is fresh on your lips it does make them super soft almost like a chapstick feel, but that feeling does disappear pretty fast. I would like to try more of the shades, however I think that I will still keep my chapstick and/or clear gloss to put on under and over the lip stick and hopefully that will help it last a little longer.


Overall I would rate this product a 7 out of 10!




This review is in no way endorsed by Revlon.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment