Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Avocado Egg Salad

So I don't like eggs unless they are deviled or in egg salad. Two unhealthy things. I try to eat hard boiled eggs because I know they are good for you but I just can't get into them. Recently I came across a recipe for Avocado Egg Salad on pinterest and I knew I had to try it, I love avocados and it is a way to make egg salad healthier. My one problem with most recipes I found through other blogs is they included Mayo (which is one of the grossest things that you can eat in my opinion) and lots and lots of salt.

So I took multiple recipes from different sites and adapted it to make it my own:
  • 4 whole Hard Boiled Eggs
  • 1 whole Avocado, cubed for easier smashing 
  • 1-2 tablespoons PLAIN Greek yogurt
  • Red Pepper to Taste
  • Chopped Green onions to taste 
Boil the eggs first then mix in all the other ingredients, if you would like it creamier you can blend in a food processor. This recipe goes good on bread, in a wrap or simple over a bed of lettuce. However you prefer it!
  
Here is a picture of my recipe



Some people add radishes/spinach/onions to their recipe you can really make this your own! If you have your own variation I would love to hear about it! You can also use either fresh lime/lemon or vinegar to help the avocados not brown.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment